When it comes to iconic pub fare, asidefrom the humble T-Bone, the Chicken Parma would have to be pretty high at the top of the list.
Well the boffins over at international chook purveyor KFC realise this fact and have acted accordingly – by unleashing a recipe that adds a bit of zing to the iconic dish.
Yep, that’s right KFC has thrown together a recipe fort what they are calling the Zinger Parmy (or Parma if you’re so inclined, but never Parmi, okay?)
KFC has stepped up its game by unveiling a new Zinger Parmy recipe – or Zinger Parma (if you’re so inclined) – the ultimate Aussie treat! (and yes, it’s a Parmy, not a Parmi, ok?)
With the chills rising, this ultimate comfort food could be just the thing to stave off Old Man Winter especially by adding the extra kick of KFC’s spicy supercharged sauce.
Best of all this recipe is super easy – all you have to do is follow the steps below.
Zinger Parmy (serves 4)
- 4 x KFC Zinger fillets (yep, that’s right you can order just the fillets over the counter) Hot-tip: order them through Build Your Own Bucket on the KFC App for a cheeky little discount)
- 4 x tbsp passata
- 4 x pieces bacon
- 1 x cup shredded cheese
- Supercharged sauce (amount depending on how much heat you can handle
- Fresh herbs
1. Pre-heat oven to grill (high)
2. Cook the bacon until it’s nice and crispy
3. Place 4 x Zinger fillets on a baking tray lined with baking paper
4. Spread 1 x tablespoon of passata over each Zinger
5. Place 1 x piece of cooked bacon on each Zinger
6. Grill for approx. 4 mins or until gloriously golden and bubbly
7. Drizzle Supercharged sauce over each Zinger and sprinkle fresh herbs on top
8. Drool and enjoy!