Are you a local emerging creative who could use a bit of a foot in the door?
Well, the good folks over at The Roost Creative, Newcastle’s oldest co-working space wants to help you do just that with the announcement of its 2020 scholarship.
The scholarship which is supported by Newcastle museum, The Business Centre and Design Kids, will see one emerging creative given a package worth more than $7000 that is sure to give their career a massive kickstart.
The scholarship includes:
- a year’s membership 9including desk space) at The Roost
- 10 mentoring sessions with an adviser from the Business Centre
- an opportunity to showcase work at Newcastle Museum with promo help from The Design Kids
- $250 to go towards the hosting of your event
- $500 to go towards career development
- one-on-one sessions with Roost members or Roost friends (eg The Design Kids) to learn about different aspects of the business.
2019 recipient, artist and illustrator Julia Jay said that the scholarship had been invaluable to her career development.
“When I got the call telling me I’d been picked, I took it as a sign I was meant to stay in Newcastle for another year which I’m so glad I did — this has been one of my favourite years of growth yet,” Julia said.
“I feel like I have expanded greatly this year. I’ve never been more challenged, inspired, excited and more alive in my entire life.”
Roost Creative general manager Oliver Gaywood added: “Everyone at The Roost is excited to offer the scholarship for a second year. We aim to support creatives in a number of different ways and the scholarship is there to help someone take a leap of faith.”
“Julia has been an incredible fit for our community. During her time here, she’s created incredible work here and done all she can to push The Roost forward.”
The 2020 Roost Creative Scholarship applications are open until Friday 13 December with the successful creative taking up their spot at the Roost
Head here for more information and to apply.