The Fernleigh15, one of the region’s most anticipated running events, will see a record number of participants take to the start line this Sunday.

Organizers have seen a surge in interest this year, with around 1,500 runners expected to hit the track, up 80% from last year.

The 15-kilometre run, which stretches from Adamstown to Belmont along the scenic Fernleigh Track, has firmly cemented its place as a “must-do” on both local and state running calendars.

“We’re thrilled to see the numbers up so significantly this year, with 45% of participants coming from outside the local area, including Sydney, the Central Coast, and the Hunter regions,” event organiser Paul Humphreys said.

In addition to the main race, this year’s event will also feature the newly introduced Fernleigh 1500, a 1,500-meter run designed to encourage young runners to get involved.

This junior race, held after the main event, is also expected to draw in over 2,000 spectators.

“Getting children excited and motivated to run is what it’s all about,” said Humphreys.

A rolling track closure will be in place from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. to ensure the safety of runners. Motorists crossing the track should expect brief delays during the race, but the track will reopen once all participants have passed through.

The Fernleigh15 will take place this Sunday. 20 October. To find out more visit hevents.com.au.


Spiegeltent Newcastle 2026