So you’ve been doing your best to stay trim, taught and terrific during lockdown? Your mornings have been punctuated with healthy acai bowls, amalgams of chia seeds, berries and nuts and bulletproof coffee?
Well, forget all that noise because KFC has thrown caution to the wind with its latest at-home recipe.
The ‘most important meal of the day’ is the latest repast to get the KFC treatment with the Kentucky Fried Brekky.
Lauded as a fast food twist on the Aussie breakfast/brunch staple of avo on toast, (albeit without the bread) this concoction is the latest in KFC’s ‘sometimes food’ recipes for home cooks including Popcorn Chicken Nachos, Zinger Nasi Goreng and Zinger Parmy.
If you’re game, check out the easy as recipe below!
Kentucky Fried Brekky (serves 2)
- 2 x Zinger Fillet (or as many as you want to make) – Hot tip: order them through Build Your Own Bucket on the KFC App for a cheeky discount)
- 2/3 cup smashed avocado or guacamole
- 6 x cherry tomatoes
- 20g feta
- 2 x rasher bacon
- Supercharged sauce
- Prepare the smashed avocado by mixing avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper and coriander
- Cook the bacon until crispy
- Plate up your Zinger Fillet and spread smashed avocado on it
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place on top
- Crumble the feta on top
- Arrange the bacon on top and drizzle with Supercharged sauce
- Tuck in and enjoy!