Well, it appears that purveyor of chook-themed ‘sometimes food’ KFC is doing its level best to scuttle our plans to emerge from our COVID cocoons with perfect beach-ready bods.
The fast-food giant has been busy during the pandemic supplying the nation with a string of recipes for home chefs and the latest brings together the big 3 Cs – chicken, cheese and carbs – for one heck of a comfort food dish,
To celebrate the recent return of its hot and spicy range, KFC has created, for you Hot & Spicy Mac ‘n’ Cheese.
This bowl of unabashed comfort food is super simple to make, and could be just the thing to stave off Old Man Winter for another night.
You’re going to have to get in quick if you want to try this cheesy bowl of chicken powered goodness though because the Hot & Spicy range is only available until Monday 10 August.
Check out the recipe below and if you think your creation has that Insta-worthy appeal, snap a pic, throw it up on your socials and tag @kfcaustralia to pit your mac ‘n’ cheese against the nation.
Hot & Spicy Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Ingredients (serves one)
- KFC Hot & Spicy Chicken
- 150g pasta
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 100g grated cheese (or ya know, more – if you’re a cheese fiend!)
- Fresh herbs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- Pro Tip: If you can’t be bothered with the spices, you can just sub in your fave hot sauce as an easy alternative.
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain and set aside
- Place ¼ cup of milk in a small bowl and whisk in flour until all the lumps are gone
- Place the other ½ cup of milk in a small saucepan over medium heat and mix in the spices/hot sauce. HOT tip – you can adjust the amount depending on how much you want to spice things up
- Once the steam is rising from the milk, whisk in the milk and flour mixture until the sauce thickens (this should take around 4 mins)
- Turn heat down to low and mix in the cheese gradually until all melted
- Remove from heat, stir in the pasta and fresh herbs and serve in a bowl
- Top it off with your fave piece(s) of Hot & Spicy and tuck in