Workshop Way, Honeysuckle, NSW, 2300
We are going back to the 70s for a night of groovy dancing and wine in your best 70s attire.
Enjoy free wine tastings from our wonderful local wineries while you explore the exhibition Vines, Wine & Identity. Dance your way back in time with disco hits and show us your best moves with pop up interactive dance performances. Have a turn at grape pressing or see if you have what it takes to remove those pesky wine stains. If dancing is not your thing, chillax and enjoy the 1970 comedy screening of the Oral History Project – featuring personal memories of the Hunter Valley wine industry.
Join us for a ‘far out’ night!
* Free wine tasting – by local wineries including Tulloch Wines, Inner City Wine Makers, Twin Bridges Wine, Tyrrell’s Wines, McGuigan Wines, Dalwood Estate, Leogate Estate Wines, Vinden Estate Wines, Catherine Vale Wines, Mount Pleasant wines, Drayton’s Family wines, Brokenwood Wines, Keith Tulloch Wines.
* Food available for purchase by food trucks, including Mac Met Cheese and Smokin Hot ‘n Saucy
* 70’s canapes
* Groovy disco tunes by DJ Pucko
* Interactive wine stain myths – The science of wine stain removal by our Museum Express Officer
* Basket Grape pressing by Inner City Winemakers
* Screenings of the Oral History Project by the University of Newcastle and Hunter Valley Wine and Tourism Association
* 70’s interactive dance performances by Fondalicious
* Happy Birthday! Celebrating 7 years of Newcastle Museum and 30 years since the opening of Newcastle Regional Museum
A free event, please RSVP https://www.trybooking.com/XAEF