IRB Crew Person Course
Dixon Park Surf Life Saving Club
Dixon Park Surf Club, Ocean St, Merewether, Newcastle, NSW, 2291
What is it? This is a training course that will enable the participants to perform
the valuable role of Crewperson in the Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB).
Duties of the IRB Crewperson include:
• Perform rescues in the surf
• Perform water safety duties at carnivals / events
• Set up cans and buoys etc. for carnivals / events
• Participate in water searches
Who can attend the course?
This course is available to all Dixon Park SLSC patrolling members that currently
hold a Bronze Medallion.
What do I have to do?
• Read and complete the IRB Crewperson Workbook (emailed to you on
• Attend a theory session at the Surf Club on the evening of Tuesday
December 4 2018 6pm – 830pm (workbook must be completed prior to this session)
• Attend Practical Training Sessions held on Patrol 3 & 6.
Depending on class numbers, the number of training sessions will vary from approx. 4 to 6 sessions.
Different options for practical training will be discussed on the theory night
• Undertake a skills assessment when the participating group is ready, an assessment will
be booked and a suitably qualified assessor from the Hunter Surf Life Saving Branch will observe your
new skills in action to determine competency
How much is it? Free to club members
To enroll in this fun and interesting training course, contact Adrian Parker on
firstname.lastname@example.org and register your interest
Entries close 20/11/18