Eyebombing Photographic Adventure in Newcastle
148 hunter street, Newcastle, NSW, 2300
Get your GOOGLY EYES ready!
The Australian Ambassador for VandalEyes is doing a meet-up.
On Saturday 11th January 2020 we will be meeting at Ka-fey cafe.
What is Eyebombing?
“Eyebombing is the art of sticking “googly eyes” onto an inanimate object in the public sphere, in a way that cleverly lends the object the appearance of a living creature. Ultimately the goal is to humanize the streets, and bring sunshine to people passing by.” Source: https://eyebombing.com/about
What you’ll need:
* Googly eyes. These are available at any $2 shop, Spotlight. Maybe Big W and Officeworks? We’ll be getting back to you with a list of places soon.
* A camera. You can even use your phone.
* A general sense of direction and an appetite for adventure!
* Use Blu-tack to affix the eyes, so it’s not permanent.
* It’s got to be googly eyes, not stickers.
* Don’t try and do anything dangerous involving heights, roads, or buildings or areas you’re not allowed to access.
START time: 11am Ka-fey Cafe, Hunter Street Mall.
Turn up early, grab a coffee, have a chat. Make yourself a name badge and stick some googly eyes to it so the other people know you’re one of them.
There will be a brief run down of what we’ll be doing at approximately 11am.
We will split into groups. Go with your friends or family, or if you want to be put in a group with others (what a way to make new friends!) then we’ll find you others to team up with.
Head out in different directions. Have fun.
FINISH time: 1pm meet back at Ka-fey Cafe
What happens next?
Join the fb group Eyebombing Newcastle and you can share your best photos to the group so others can see.
Submit your best shots (maximum of 3) to the VandalEyes page. These will be uploaded into a photo album with your name credited for each shot.
If you post your shots to your facebook profile or page, tag VandalEyes. On Instagram tag #eyebombingnewcastle and @eyebombingnewcastle