Camp Shortland will come alive with sounds and sights provided by some of Australia’s most loved hit-makers and music legends when the By The C festival rolls into town on Saturday, 19 January.
BY THE C ARTIST LINEUP & PLAYING TIMES
1.30pm to 2.00pm
Get in early and support the lucky local band who’ve been selected to open this amazing event.
2.30pm to 3.15pm
MENTAL AS ANYTHING
Forty years of recording and touring and the show goes on. A fresh 5 track EP release titled “Mental as Anything – 5 Track EP” and a prime slot on the national Apia Good Times Tour sees Mentals rocketing into the future.
3.45pm to 4.30pm
DO RE MI
In 1982, two Melbournites and two Sydneysiders – Deborah Conway/Dorland Bray, and Stephen Philip/Helen Carter respectively – released their first independent record, which appeared with no title except for the band’s name and little other information. It became known as the green EP, partly because it was released on the label of the same name, and partly because the cover was, well, green.
5.00pm to 6.00pm
For 35 years, the church has remained one of music’s greatest enigmas, exuding surreal psychedelia and opiated dronescapes. Already, 2015 has seen significant strides in church revivalism, as their impermeable influence resonates with industry and listeners alike.
6.30pm to 7.30pm
On April 22nd 2012 for the first time in 21 years, all four original members of Sydney based band Sunnyboys walked on-stage at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre and performed as guests of the Hoodoo Gurus on their Dig it Up! Invitational.
8.00pm to 9.30pm
Icehouse was formed by Iva Davies and are one of those bands who has managed to transcend age groups with a career spanning 40 years. Generations of music lovers have been brought up with hits such as Crazy, Electric Blue, We Can Get Together, Great Southern Land, Hey Little Girl and Man Of Colours to name a few
BY THE C NEWCASTLE TICKETS
- Child (2-17 Years)AU$67.120
- Premium StandingAU$159.89
- By The C LoungeAU$185.38
• Premium Standing is for the fans who want to be right near the stage. This is where you stand, and dance and rock out to the bands. You cannot sit in this area.
• Dedicated Entry
• Dedicated Premium area right near the stage
• Standing only – no chairs or blankets in this area (you may bring a folding chair or blanket however they must be kept outside the Standing area, in the General Admission area).
BY THE C Lounge: $185.38 plus transaction fees
BY THE C LOUNGE INCLUSIONS:
- Dedicated entry into the venue
- Exclusive BY THE C lounge area
- Occasional furniture chairs and shade
- Dedicated Bar (Card payments only)
- Dedicated Food (Card payments only)
- Dedicated Toilets
- BY THE C Host/customer service staff
- BY THE C lounge is located away from the main stage and is an exclusive chill out area
- Viewing of the stage may be restricted
- BY THE C LOUNGE patrons are welcome to come and go from the lounge during the event.
- BY THE C LOUNGE patrons also have access to the PREMIUM STANDING area right in front of the stage.
- Children are allowed into the BY THE C Lounge with a parent that holds a BY THE C Lounge ticket
BY THE C NEWCASTLE
- This event is General Admission with Standing Room Only. Patrons are permitted to bring fold up chairs or picnic blankets
- Children under 18 must have a valid childrens ticket and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who also hold a valid ticket
- Food and beverages will be for sale. You cannot BYO food, drinks or alcohol
- This event will proceed rain, hail or shine
- No pass outs are available at this event
- Security will search all bags upon entry
What to bring
- Credit Card/Debit Card with wave pass (no cash is accepted at bars and merchandise)
- Fully charged phone
- Empty water bottle (not glass, metal or aluminium) to fill up at drinking water stations
- Sun protection – sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- Footwear must be worn at all times (thongs are ok)
What NOT to bring / prohibited items
- Aerosol cans
- Alcohol or any beverages of any sort
- Cameras – no professional standard or video cameras
- Eskies or cooler bags
- Food – if you have food allergies and need to bring your own food items, please email us to request permission: email@example.com
- Glass, aluminium or steel/metal containers
- Large prams – small prams or pusher is ok
- Metal cutlery, scissors or knives of any sort
- Picnic baskets
- Selfie sticks
- Umbrellas, marquees or shade tents
- Weapons or items that are deemed unsafe
- Any other objects considered by the Promoter and the Venue to be dangerous or capable of causing a public nuisance that could be used to distract, obstruct or interfere with any performer