Young musicians from the Hunter and surrounds are gearing up for the first of three Live Heats this Wednesday night at Lizotte’s, as part of the sixth annual Youth Rockin’ the Black Dog (YRBD) music competition.
Youth Rockin’ the Black Dog is a music competition designed to raise awareness of youth mental health issues among young people in the Hunter and surrounding regions. The competition encourages young people to get thinking and talking about mental health issues with friends, family and networks and aims to promote a range of local and national services available to support young people.
The first event on Wednesday 2nd September at Lizotte’s Newcastle will feature a mix of young bands, duos and soloists all vying for a place in the Grand Final event to win a fantastic range of prizes, including a professional EP recording package.
Entry to the live heats is $5.00 per person at the door, or you may pre-purchase a seat by calling 4956 2066.
The line up for the first heat:
- Folk pop soloist Tyler John from Newcastle
- Folk pop soloist Jacinta Portelli from Newcastle
- Folk pop soloist Alexandra Rose from Newcastle
- Acoustic duo ANXIE from Newcastle
- Four-piece rock outfit RoXferry from Port Macquarie
- Rock Punk trio Big Chief & The Bottle Openers from Newcastle
Find out more about the event by visiting himh.org.au
Share this post