$3 million will be spent on upgrades to Carrington’s Young St including free Wi-Fi!
It’s all part of the revitalisation works that have commenced in Young St that will bring improvements to roads, pathways, parking, trees, bike racks and bins.
Check out the list of other things happening on Young street below.
• Drainage renewal
• Permeable paving to improve stormwater capacity
• Water sensitive urban design
• New site appropriate street trees
• Pedestrian friendly street design
• Existing street furniture retained where possible, and new bike racks and bins installed
• New kerb, gutter and footpath
• Renewed road surface
• Road and pedestrian lighting upgrade
• Improved pedestrian crossings at both ends
If it's on in Newcastle, it's on Newcastle Live