What if we told you there was a flexible function venue with indoor and outdoor spaces offering ample free parking, no issues with noise complaints, reasonably priced and only 10 mins from Newcastle CBD? Can you guess where it is?
We’ll let you in on the secret – it’s Newcastle Harness Racing Club!
Overshadowed these days by McDonald Jones Stadium Andrew Johns Stand, it’s accessed on race nights from Turton Rd near Go Karts Go or from Jackson St Broadmeadow for all other functions.
The impressive glass grandstand restaurant and bar is open on race nights, but is also available for non- race day / night functions with flexible packages for breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, finger food or dinner, catering for all kind or functions – business or pleasure.
Once upon a time when bookmakers were on track the betting ring was bustling, but with the age of online gambling the betting ring has been converted into a “blank canvas” function room suitable for groups of 10 – 500. The Westburn Grant Room is available for all kinds of functions or special purposes.
Here’s our top ten secret uses for the Westburn Grant Room;
1. 21st Birthday Parties – have a BBQ & Bets Night at the Trots for $20pp
2. Conferences / Seminars – no parking hassles here
3. Weddings – affordable and personalised. Why not say “I do” at the Winning Post!
4. School Formals – get your limo to do a track lap before dropping you off
5. Trade Shows – outdoor space available too
6. Fundraisers – sell race sponsorships and tickets to raise money
7. Sporting Club Presos – kid friendly as well
8. Exams – nice and quiet mid-week
9. Band rehearsal room – no neighbours to disturb
10. Pop-up retail sale outlet -370 square metres of floor space
If it's on in Newcastle, it's on Newcastle Live