With marriage equality currently at the forefront of public discourse, a passionate group of Australian musicians have come together to support the cause by donating songs to help create an album titled #SayYesToLove Vol 1.
Launching on July 17th and, only available on iTunes, #SayYesToLove Vol 1 is a harmonious celebration of love and respect featuring some of Australia’s best known musical artists.
“This is about basic human rights. No one has the right to tell someone who they can love, or how they can express their love. Love is about caring for, and sharing your life with the one you love, and if the act of marriage helps to make that connection stronger in the eyes of the people sharing that life or in the eyes of the law then they should be encouraged, it should not be made more difficult. It is very hard to find love in this world and we don’t all feel the same way about what love is but it is the most important thing that I have in my life and I support people who want to share their lives together anyway they want to do it” Jimmy Barnes said, about his involvement in the campaign.
Coordinated by Janine Middleton and Ivan Hinton-Teoh from AME, the album has been executively produced by Michael McGlynn at Vienna People and amalgamated by Mark Bolton and Beth Deady at MGM Distribution.
The album’s executive producer, Michael McGlynn, said “Everyone, should have the right under the law, to marry the one they love. Australian musicians, bands and Artists stand together with Australian Marriage Equality in #SayYesToLove.”
#SayYesToLove Vol.1 is released on Friday, 17 July via iTunes.
You can see the track listing below.
1. Josh Pyke – Make You Happy
2. The Basics – What Do You See In Me? <Alternate mix>
3. John Butler Trio – Losing You
4. All Our Exes Live In Texas – Our Love Won’t Die
5. Katie Noonan’s Vanguard – Peace Is My Drug
6. C Major and Veneno – Por Tu Amor (acoustic version) <New version Recorded for this project>
7. The Cat Empire – Still Young
8. Joe Camilleri – A Fool And The Moon
9. Jimmy Barnes – Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)
10. Darren Percival – Lovelife
11. Playwrite – Whittaker
12. Wes Carr – People Of Peace
13. L-FRESH THE LION feat. Mirrah – The World Is Ours
14. Woodes x Elkkle – Muddy
15. Khanz – Deerhunter <Recorded for this project>
16. Michael McGlynn – Diamond <First release>
17. Hannah Robinson – Realistically <First release>
18. Holden Brothers Travelling Circus feat. Dallas Holden & Katie Holden – Flying
19. The Blackbird Collective – No Other Plan <Recorded for this project>
20. Bronte – My Word
21. Fiona Joy – Grace (Chill Version) <First Release>
If it's on in Newcastle, it's on Newcastle Live